View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 12:44 PM   #3
rachelsyorkie
Rachel & Tilula Belle
Donating Member

It is hard to find AKC at a decent price these days. Most have gotten put on the AKC suspension list because of bad breeding practices. AKC will come inspect a breeder if they refuse or if AKC comes to find that the dogs are not breeding quality or other issues they will give the owner a certain amount of time to recorrect, if they dont they are suspended & those pets/breeders AKC are no longer any good. All they're AKC papers have to match to the age, coloring of each dog. If a breeder looses a mother they might stick the papers with another girl they get that isnt registered or add pups from a non registered litter on to another litter to paper a couple more, which is all illegal. My fave is when you look at a website & 2 brothers are left in the litter so you check out the sires to see if you can figure out which is the dad & each looks like a different sire, you can tell they sired the pups with more then one male. I have had breeders admit that & I say you cant register the pups akc to 2 parents when 3-4 were involved. These are all reasons to loose your AKC license & the list goes on of things breeders do to try to make more money no matter what which causes them to loose their AKC & then have to find another place that will let you register anything for the right amount of money. It's got me seriously thinking about becoming a AKC Hobby pet breeder but when you are doing things right it takes alot of money, time & there can be alot of heart ache. I have been researching & am finding that some before work of disinfecting your yard, house & a health over haul on your dog. It will be quite expensive to try to insure healthy pups but no guarantees for mom or pups safety. I just keep researching & trying to see if its something I want to commit to.
rachelsyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!