View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 11:46 AM   #7
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Ladyhawk...you said exactly what I feel about possibly opening a new world for someone else. I truly believe Riley would make a lonely, at home person very happy. He loves to sit on your lap and get petted or snuggle up for a nap and he goes absolutely nuts when you come in the door...I can't help but think that might make the day for a lonely person.

Chachi...Riley does appear to be gifted in some areas. I guess I thought if I could focus on that it may make the difference but I'm not sure it would because if we're not meeting his needs then it won't matter if he's a service dog or not. Riley is a great little dog...don't get me wrong here...it's just that I'm not sure we're the best home for him and that's a hard thing to admit to yourself.

I've mentioned before that Riley doesn't like to play and seems afraid of Jo when he plays with toys but he has been trying lately...but that's why probably every playtime picture I've ever posted has just Jo in it. Riley doesn't like kids and we do have grandkids and neighbor kids that come over. These are just a couple things that really get him stressed but there are other things I've noticed too. I just feel that Riley would thrive in a quiet home with a single person who is home all the time. I've been on the fence about this for a long time and I just don't know what to do about it. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything.
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!