View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 06:35 AM   #11
bevpeter
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default So confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcerella02 View Post
hello torontonian!!! well... sorry for how graphic this will be... feel around her bum... with layla.. if her glands are ok.. i can feel the muscle around where the poop would come out... if they are full.. it feels swollen around there.. and you cant feel those muscles anymore... when i bring layla to the groomer to get them emptied.. it only costs 12 bucks... so if you can.. bring her in and see what he says... however... does the smell come AFTER she has pooped?? because if it does... this could just be a bit left over after they have emptied... like i said.. when she poops they should empty... in the morning if layla hasn't had a poop.. she scoots because they bother her... then when she goes.. there is a smell ... so perhaps you can wipe her bottom (if in fact the smell is after a poop) let me know what you think
OK, so the smell does not happen just after she poops. The smell kind of pops up whenever it feels like it. It has no pattern and I get no warning. Usually I just smell something unpleasant and it's that weird bum smell. It happened yesturday I gave her a bath and then went away. It also happened maybe a week or so ago for a few hours and then the smell went away. Then the time before that was on Christmas Eve. washed her bum and the smell went away.

I am so confused I have no clue what it is, or why it happens. She doesn't scoot, or anything. I tried to feel around last night to see if it was her glands but i didn't know what i was looking for and didn't feel anything swollen.

COnfused!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!