Thread: Black and Gold
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 10:07 PM   #8
MyTrixie143
Mom to 6 Beautiful Furkids

You know I always thought I would want the traditional blue and gold but after owning both, one blue and gold and one black and gold, I prefer the darker of the two.

Scampers is black and gold. I got him at 12 weeks old and he had a bit of silver on his head but his body was black. I asked the breeder if he would turn blue on his body like his parents and she said no because he would have started it already. At over a year old now, he is still black and gold, so his breeder was right. I would look at the roots like someone suggested. If the roots are still black with no trace of blue then I would say you have a good chance of it staying black. Also look at the parents and if the breeder knows her dogs she may be able to tell you whether he/she will stay dark.

As for his hair type, I am not sure what it is. At times it feels cottony and dry but most of the time is is smooth and silky and very shiny. As long as I brush him everyday his hair doesn't really matt.

Here are a couple pictures of what his hair looks like.
In the second pic, his hair is wavy. I just tried a new conditoner on him and it made his hair wavy, normally it is straight and long.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scampers boy 6.jpg (43.1 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg scampers boy 3.jpg (41.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg scampers boy 13.jpg (52.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Scampers 1.jpg (30.0 KB, 30 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!