View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 08:55 PM   #1
bsabbot
Senior Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 049 2nd yorkie blues

we introduced a new puppy to our home about 6 weeks ago. I have to say i have my hands full. This puppy is mean to the cat, mean to the other yorkie and just seems to be a nightmare to try and train. She is I guess what you'd call dominant, she tries to poo and pee on the toys, she will lift her leg to try and go on my other 2yr old yorkie's head. I keep thinking it wll get bettet between them and it's just a mess, my older yorkie is not good at putting the younger one in her place or the little one doesnt get that she's trying... she just drives everyone in the house nuts-even me sometimes. She is very nippy even with us. The new dog has found that she can hang from the older dog's hair and ears and so the older dogs hair is just matted almost to the skin -even though I brush her, it's right back where we started. She's been in puppy preschool since we got her because right away i saw the dominance thing being an issue-she is fine there, it's here w/the other dog that she acts up-i'm sure the trainer thinks i'm crazy when i tell her this little 3lb dog is terrorizing my other dog....

is it possible that they will eventually get along?
is it possible that two females was a bad idea? especially with a more dominant vs a more submissive dog? help!!! I am so discouraged... and I dont have enough time during my day to keep them separate-that just doesnt give enough "human time" with me to spend with them between sleeping and working......
let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

Last edited by bsabbot; 01-26-2007 at 08:58 PM.
bsabbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!