View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 05:33 PM   #1
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Riley and service dog training

I've mentioned this on YT before but I really think Riley could easily be trained to be a service dog, he's showing some natural instincts and abilities that amaze me sometimes. Like just now, I have a pan of carrots on the stove and he came to me woofing softly and pawing my leg...of course I didn't get the hint...I thought he wanted picked up but he would back away when I reached for him and he would woof a little louder. He kept it up until I followed him...right to the stove! He wanted to let me know they were boiling so I told him good boy and everything was under control and he was fine. Now, he just did it again...only I caught on a little quicker this time...he wanted to let me know it sounded different because the water was getting low in the pan. He's done other things similar to this...always going from me to the source of the sound or problem or leading me to it. I feel like I'm missing an opportunity to train him to do some good...maybe I need some help tapping into his natural abilities
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!