Thread: New name ?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 04:01 PM   #15
Piccolo's mom
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskayorkie View Post
Don't feel bad. It's in our nature to protect the weak and scold the bullies, but from what I've read, dogs don't think the same way. They are trying to decide who's No. 2 in the house behind you. If you coddle the weaker one, you are unnaturally giving that one No. 2 status. And No. 3 is going to resent it.

If anything, you're supposed to make the real No. 2 (the one who wins the fights) feel special. Special treats. Special mom time. The first to get a hello when you come home. If they feel secure in their position in the pack, they will see no need to fight to establish it.

It can be difficult to do, but No. 3 will appreciate you in the long run if the beatings stop.

At least that's what the books say!
You are a gold mine of knowledge ! It's very interesting what you wrote about establishing #2 and #3 position. I think I want Piccolo to be #2 becuause he was first but on the other hand I don't want him to bully Annie.

She looks sweet but she starts the fights and a few times Piccolo turned on his back in a submitive position. I felt sooo sorry for him.
well, I just observe them and see what happens.

If your dog barks and doesn't fit in a bread roll, don't eat it.
Piccolo's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!