Thread: New name ?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 03:31 PM   #13
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolo's mom View Post
OMG !!! That's exactly what I was doing - scolding Piccolo, telling him he was a very bad boy and pumpering Annie.
No blood shed so far and nobody got hurt but I am freaking out that it would happen.
Annie steals ALL the toys and guards them with her life ! I packed them in a bag an hour ago and will take out one at a time tomorrow.

Thank you for your input.
Don't feel bad. It's in our nature to protect the weak and scold the bullies, but from what I've read, dogs don't think the same way. They are trying to decide who's No. 2 in the house behind you. If you coddle the weaker one, you are unnaturally giving that one No. 2 status. And No. 3 is going to resent it.

If anything, you're supposed to make the real No. 2 (the one who wins the fights) feel special. Special treats. Special mom time. The first to get a hello when you come home. If they feel secure in their position in the pack, they will see no need to fight to establish it.

It can be difficult to do, but No. 3 will appreciate you in the long run if the beatings stop.

At least that's what the books say!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!