View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 02:24 PM   #9
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

[QUOTE=Piccolo's mom;914091]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskayorkie View Post
Very cute pup! How are they getting along? Don't worry if there's an occasional spat. They'll work things out.

Eddie was originally Teddy, and Jack was originally Cuddles, and we had no problem changing names. Eddie was just a pup, but Jack was 10 when we changed his. We called him Jack-Cuddles for a while and then dropped the Cuddles.

I'm very worried. They don't get along at all ! Piccolo (13 m) was mad at me when I brought Annie ( 9 m).
He snapped at her and I think he was bitting her in not a playful manner at all.
She wanted to play with him since she came from home of 7 breeder's yorkies ranging from a few weeks old to 4 y old.
She is a toyhog and all the toys belonged to Piccolo, though I bought 2 new toys for her.
Yesterday and today - all I'm doing is seperating them because I'm not sure if all this fighting is serious or not.
I called the breeder and she said she would take her back if they continue fighting like that. She gave me a week. I'm not sure if it's enough time or not.
It was very nice of her since she already mailed registration papers.
I am already madly in love with her and don't know what to do...
Yeah, I would say a week is not going to be enough time. I'm no expert, because Eddie still occasionally beats up Jack, but here are a few things to try:
* If the fights are not serious -- no blood, no one gets hurt -- let them work it out on their own. Hopefully, Piccolo will allow her to play with some toys of her own.
* If you do break up a fight, don't scold one and baby the other. Just break it up and take away all toys for a while. Stay calm.
* If the fights are over toys, you should take control of the toys. Put them away at night, give them to them the next day.

Good luck.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!