Thread: Help Please!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 02:04 PM   #13
Lisa C
Yorkie Yakker

You certainly have a challenging situation on your hands. It must be very frustrating to be dealing with his behavior when you are longing for an affectionate family dog. I agree with the trainer idea since it seems he is having some major issues that you may need expert advice about. I can't offer a lot of advice, I have an almost 7 month old puppy but some observations I have made are as follows: Potty training is challenging and sometimes one step forward and two back. My eye must be on him constantly and ready to intervene if he is not going in the right place. Also, trained in one area does not mean trained in the next room. The smaller the space they are in (I know this has been said many times on this sight and it is so true) the less likely they are to go where they are not supposed to. Also, my pup did not seem happy when my older teenage son brought a friend home with a loud, rowdy personality and I guess that is what they mean by sometimes this breed doesn't do as well with children. My yorkie did not like the loud voice and quick movements. I know they go through a second chewing phase and I noticed when my Yorkie is about to lose a tooth he is biting down harder on things, including fingers. I can tell that he is hurting in the mouth. As far as your pup not wanting to be held or petted, that just seems like a personality thing and there have been many posts about the differences in Yorkies here. As far as chewing the chords, my pup would chew what ever he could get his teeth on so I can't let him have access to anything. If he was able to access a chord, he would surely chew it.

Just some thoughts since I am sure you are doing everything you can. Maybe he needs less freedom, a more confined space without anything that can get him into trouble. Maybe you need to have a "let's start over" attitude. Smaller space, calmer vibes, quieter children. Maybe he is picking up on the tension between the two of you and you could give him some positive vibes and kind of start over. Maybe he is just a difficult pup and you need professional help! I hope you can work something out. Good luck.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!