Thread: My poor baby
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 03:18 PM   #2
klogan
YT 500 Club Member

Hello! Well...I've heard many things. The vet will say they should not go on grass or outside until they have all of their shots. If you read a book by a trainer, they often say..."socialize them ASAP!". At 10 weeks, Stomper obviously did not have all his shots. I wanted him to be socialized and around people, so...I would take him on walks (would not allow him to go on the grass) and if I saw someone with a dog, I would ask if it had all his/her shots. Most people SHOULD be honest about that. I would let him interact with dogs that had all their shots. I have to say...I'm glad I made this decision. Stomper is not afraid of any sized dog, he loves to walk and doesn't have that urge to "run away" if I take him off the leash. I think socializing him early helped with this. Also - I would like to mention that I have a BIG yorkie so he was less likely to get sick than a little yorkie. Just be careful. If you don't want to bring her outside, I suggest making sure she is around A LOT of people. Perhaps you can have a friend come over with his/her dog that has all of his shots. Let me know what you decide!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!