Thread: Help Please!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 07:19 AM   #10
Potter
YT 2000 Club Member

I think, just my opinion..I will get him vet checked then if he is healthy, then try the proffesional doggie trainer and then if it doesn't work, I would rehome him if I have two kids and have no further time to train him but the new home should be someone who knows and understands his condition and experienced enough to take him in. People with no doggie experience will have a hard time with him even with dog trainer's help. Just what I feel.
As for cord chewing, has all the cords been sprayed with Bitter Apple? Spray lots and lots, try spraying some white vinegar too on top of the bitter apple. Has his poop room floor/carpet been deep clean with a suitable liquid formula to get rid of all the old poop/pee smell? Its a lot of work to get the old smell to go away but its certainly worth it for training purpose because if the old smell is there, he will certainly repeat his business there. My friend has even thrown away her carpet to train her dog and another friend deep clean with concentrated formula with Bissell Pet Odour and Pet Stain Removal many times and eventually her dog learns to go outside now.Do update us of what happens. If I am near enough, I will consider taking him in because I seldom see anything like this and it intrigues me.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!