View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 11:12 PM   #4
Baby Blessing
Our Blessings R Many
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCuteness View Post
My mom uses human hair around her garden to keep rabbits and deer out. You can go to a local beauty parlor and get the hair. I know it sounds gross, but it works.
Thanks Sweet for the information. Gross or no gross, I shall ask the local beauty parlor all the hair is washed first so it should be okay Rabbits were so bad last summer they ate my rose bush's, thorns and all. I hate to have to put up 24" / 1/2" mesh around my gardens to keep them out, been there done that and the little rascals always managed to dig under I shall let you know how this works out. I did learn that Yarrow planted will deter rabbits/deer, so that will be one I will definately plant and that comes in many pretty colors

Thanks Rowdy'sMom, I have tried to depend on local nurseries, but not too successful. I started searching on the net like you mentioned for what will do good in our zone. Hope to get the areas tilled and prepared starting 1st part of Feb. It is great therapy and definately keeps me limbered so ole uncle arthur don't set in, and that I need you heard that saying, if you don't use it you loose it, so gotta keep active I will post pictures later here of the before and after

Thanks for your inputs, I want so much to have a pretty floral garden as we took out all our large trees in the early fall and had tractor work/grading done so am starting at bare. I did get my planters all made, yeppers Rowdy'sMom my first time at doing cement work and surprisingly it all turned out great, worked on them August and September, cooler weather and I just made it a fun project. I used the plastic covered bender boards from Home DePot (splinter free) for doing the forms which was easy to do the curves, used the redi mix concrete. Patti

Last edited by Baby Blessing; 01-25-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Baby Blessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!