View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 10:31 AM   #1
ladydinj
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Smile my night owl Yorkie baby

We have had Missy for just 2 weeks now and she is just 12 weeks old.
For three out of 7 days a week, Missy is left alone for a full 7.5 hours from 8am to 3:30pm, while my fiance and I are at work. Sometimes, my fiance comes home around noon on those days and plays with her.
She has her own bedroom (which we have gated), where she stays in a puppy playpen. We connected the playpen to the crate to allow her to use the crate as her potty. In her playpen she has all of her toys, her doggie bed, water and also has music playing in her room. We feed her in the morning as well as leave food and fresh water while we are away at work during the day and then she is fed again when we get in about 4pm.
For the past 2 nights, she has been waking up at 4:30-5am and repeatedly whining.
When we go to her room (right across the hall from our bedroom) to see what's wrong, she just simply wants to play. So we play with her for 1/2 hour or so (which at 5am is not so easy) and sometimes she settles down but sometimes she simply stays awake and energetic until we leave again.
Only having her for 2 weeks, I am wondering if it's because she is left alone for so long for those days or is it because she is sleeping in the day so then that makes her ready to play at 4am?
Anyone have any similar issues? Any suggestions on what I can do to not have her be the night owl?

Visit Missy at: www.dogster.com/dogs/468523
ladydinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!