Thread: Allergies
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 06:58 AM   #6
RLC12345678
I heart Hootie & Hobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candini View Post
Besides itching, how do you know they have allergies? Im really frustrated!
Ive posted on other established threads but my 13 week old has been on antibiotics and she has a bad cough. SHe got better but now worse. She usually has "episodes." I feel if I take her back to the Vet, nothing will be done except more antibiotics.
Indications of allergies include dermatological (skin and ears) and gastrointestinal problems. Chronic ear problems in the dog and chronic vomiting in the cat are big red flags for food allergies and intolerances. However, many immune-mediated diseases (those caused by or triggered by the immune system) have been linked recently to food intolerance. Such things as hypothyroidism, diabetes, lupus, coronary artery disease, epilepsy, asthma( cow milk and corn), hyperthyroidism (Graves disease), and rheumatoid arthritis as well as many psychological disorders (such as autism and ADHD in people) have been tied to food intolerance in the recent past.

Check out this webpage...it will tell you everything you need to know about allergies and how they are related to food:

http://dogtorj.tripod.com/id5.html
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!