Thread: Food Question
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 05:58 AM   #1
TeddyBear
Hey Cutie!
Donating Member

Confused Food Question

Okay I know people have asked this food question over and over and I have even asked it outside of here and you get thousands of different responses. I talked to one of the patients that comes in my office yesterday about feeding. She runs a beagle rescue here in Colorado. We brought up how fat my beagle is and she suggested using have his lite food and green beans as a filler. I have heard that a lot and I am going to give that a try. Well then we brought up what my yorkies eat which is Nutro natural dry with a little of the Nutro moist food mixed in. She said DON'T FEED THEM MOIST FOOD BECAUSE IT IS FULL OF THE LEFT OVERS OF ANIMAL PARTS AND THAT THE FOOD IS FROM ANIMALS THAT DIED AND WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY DIED OF? Starsky will eat straight dry food, but Shylah just shoves her nose at it and just walks away. She is so small at 4 lbs, I worry she doesn't get enough to eat and will get hyperglycemic. This patient suggested I put a pinch of boullion in some warm water and drizzle over the top of their food. I have tried that the last two times I have fed them and they did eat it right up. But boullion has so much salt in it. I really hardly use much, just a tiny pinch, but still, is this okay? Any other suggestions? I want to get it where Shylah will eat dry only. And I want to feed them the best!

Sorry this is so long. I don't usually write long posts.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!