View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 05:35 AM   #4
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mefem2002 View Post
Thank you, I have a ton of sweaters for him, blankets, etc. i have read about the hypoglycemia and have some honey and kayro syrup on hand, but I will ask my Vet about the Nutrical tomorrow. I will be home with him over the weekend, but have to work Mon-Friday days. Will he be okay if I just leave him food and water? Should I put some Kayro Syrup in his water dish? or would that be too much? (I'd love to sneak him into the office, but there's a policy on our campus of no animals in the buildings) I am so afraid to leave him home
Thank you again... (I have his crate next to the heat source so he should be warm !!) I just want to be sure I do this right !
I'm not an expert, but I seem to remember hearing that honey can be very bad for them. Karo syrup is okay and can be added to the water. I'm not sure how much - I would check with the vet on this.

Since you will be gone during the day, I would leave food and water available for him during the day, which means you will also want to leave some wee wee pads down and hope he uses them. A pup this young should probably not be crated that long, so consider a room (with a tile floor for easy cleaning) with the doorway blocked off for his space while you are gone. I used to use our 1/2 bath for Sissy where she has a bed, food/water and toys.

As an added precaution don't leave a collar on him while you are gone and you might also want to leave him "naked" during this time so he doesn't get tangled in his clothes or caught on anything.

Hopefully your vet will be skilled working with very small pups, but in case they aren't, please do not allow more than one vaccination to be given at a time and space others out at least 3 weeks apart. This requires more visits, but is much safer for the pup.

Please post LOTS of pictures when you bring him home!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!