View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 08:44 PM   #3
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

This might get long and I might get tearful, but here is Lacybug's story:

My first Yorkie had a nuerological problem. To my knowledge, Laciebug never had a seizure, her problem manifested itself primarly in her gait..... she tended to stumble and walk like she was in pain. My local vet thought she might have a spine issue so we off we went to the University of Georgia Vet School for testing. After one look the vet decided that her problem looked like a neurological one and ordered a cat scan. the cat scan revealed leisions on the lining of the brain which caused swelling and fluid and who knows what other problems. The condition was so very rare, that almost 100% of the time it is diagnosised in a necropsy. My local vet had NEVER seen a living dog with the condition.

Anyway, Laciebug was given two weeks worth of meds and I was told to go to my regular vet for long term directions. Bottom line, the UG vets did not believe that she would outlive the two weeks worth of meds.

With medication, Laciebug lived FIVE years after the diagnosis. Some days she showed severe confusion others she seemed normal. My local vet was always amazed and pleased to see Laciebug. My vet was so wonderful during the whole time, always when I would ask, is it time? he would reply, Laciebug will tell you when she is ready to go and she isn't ready yet.

Anyway, this was not meant to be depressing, it was really meant to be encouraging...... Yorkies have such heart. They have a great will to experience life to the greatest extent and to give and receive love. Good luck..... please keep us posted. My prayers are with u
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!