View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 04:09 PM   #4
JESSY_RN2B
Owned by 3 furballs
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonandhallie View Post
I've been a member here for a long time and a moderator for a long time and I am still amazed at things that happen sometimes. I really love this forum as a lot of us do but I am constantly shocked that people will come here to start trouble, argue, debate (in an unhealthy way), criticize, judge, scam and really not think before they type.

I know that I see a lot more of it than most of you but I really want to stress that this is a free forum that provides information, a place to brag, a place to share stories and a place to find help all about the one thing we ALL have in common: our yorkies.

I am not a breeder nor do I show my monkeys but I am still aware enough to realize that those who do have a unique compassion, dedication, wealth of knowledge and love for the yorkie breed. I feel as though they receive the bulk of criticism here and most of the time it is unfair and unjust. I believe that those who breed and show should be supportive of each other, learn from each other and give encouragement. Perhaps this is a optimistic view but none the less it is a positive view.

I think that as a community we should all be respectful, inquisitive, and encouraging of each other. I really don't think that's too much to ask and I sincerely hope it starts to happen.

Maybe we should all follow a simple rule: If you question what you are about to post, step back and read it as if you were a new member and then see how you feel about it.

I agree! Many times, I have felt belittled or hurt in some way by some comments. I know that most of us do not have show quality yorkies but we love them with all of our hearts (why be here then?).

Some people get carried away and maybe without realizing it post hurtful things about our 'pet quality' furbabies.

I think we all have room for improvement and I'll be the first to solemly swear to abide by the rule

Join today and remove this ad!