View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 01:38 PM   #14
Yorkiedaze
My hairy-legged girls
Donating Member

I was on two Yorkie rescues and fostered for years, and occassionaly I would get one of the larger ones and some with ears that don't stand erect, but it did not in any way make a difference in intelligence or outgoing personality. It's a matter of what you want your dog to look like, and if the size and ears are of no importance, then get her if you want. Ask the owner for two things. First ask for Vet. references so you can call and find out about her breeding practices and health of her dogs. Also that she has a bile acid test done on this dog and recent Vet. exam and copy and email you the results. Also that she's up to date on her shots.
If all checks out ask her to lower the price. You can get wonderful little Yorkies thru rescue much cheaper, not to mention Petfinder's. Have you checked those?
Don't try and get this dogs ears to stand by shaving them if you do decide to get her, she is too old now. The cartilage has already formed. If it was done before he was 4 or 5 months of age, the ears could have been shaved then taped to help them strengthen standing up.
Is she spayed? If not, then there is another reason not to pay that much.
Yorkiedaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!