View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 07:04 AM   #5
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

I think we all have irrational thoughts at times. I get weird fears occasionally and to try to get myself out of the funk that can develop I sensationalize the fear. For instance...... if I was worried about dying and the board said 34, I would say, hmmmmm.....maybe that is in the year 2134, oh no I am gonna live to be over 150 years old? What will I look like, a walking prune? Will I still have hair, what about teeth? As that picture forms in my mind, I will likely think less about the dying prediction.
Or maybe it meant I will die while driving 34 MPH in front of 34 Main Street, at 3:40 in the afternoon......
Then I would realize the board does not know anything -- stupid board! It might take more self talk than that because irrational fears are .... well irrational. But you can do it. Keep in mind that the Ouiji board "told" me I was going to have 5 kids and marry my high school sweety -- neither of which came true (Thank You Lord!).

But I would make your counselor take this seriously or find another counselor. If this thought of imminent death is causing the anxiety attacks then the counselor needs to help you deal with it. Any kind of phobia can cause irrational fear. Logic does not always help -- the feeling itself has to be dealt with. Good luck to you!
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!