Thread: Hi Everyone
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 05:31 AM   #11
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandigirl View Post
I love my dogs but as I said the Yorkie can get on my nerves. So I yell at her and punish her by making her stay in another room for a bit. What I don't understand is she does what she wants but she is also very obedient.
Another strange think I noticed is Yorkies like their privacy when going to the bathroom or eating. It is really cute, she is like a little old lady with her habits. But I don't want to yell at her or hurt her feelings because she deserves to be happy at home and secure knowing I love her and I do. In many ways, she is my best friend.
??????? You yell at her and put her in a room by herself ? I think some people forget these are dogs

I'm no expert on training but yelling never solves anything - you may want to take some time to teach her simple commands - like SIT or maybe 'stay'...

yorkies are smart - all it takes is you taking the time to teach her. (I know - easy for me to say right ???) my girls are both attention hogs but it doesn't make me upset -

it sounds like you really aren't crazy about her and you may be on the right track thinking of giving her to a home where she can have lots of attention....or maybe try to do other things to keep her busy so you don't lose your temper on her...they really do get hurt feelings
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!