View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 05:16 AM   #15
pepe mint
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieJo's Mama View Post
I think I have her Allie had a VERY eventful day today. First she went to the pet salon and got her first cut. She has a massive amount of hair for a 14 week old baby. I got her a schnauser cut. She looks darlin'! The brim of her nose is shaved a bit too close for me. They know better next time Then we went to the doctor for another dose of shots. She weighs a whooping 6 pounds! Any of you ever have a 14 week old weigh that? She really doesn't look that big to me, so for you all with 2 and 3 pounders BRAVO I'd need some heavy nerve medication if she were any smaller.
The vet assistant said "she is quite a big girl, maybe she is a silky?" I seen both of her parents and they are both yorkies. Mom was 7 1/2 pounds dad 6 1/2...What do u guys think?
Oh and my vet says science diet is the best without going to prescription foods
is there any chance you could post a pic of this new cut??? because Maggie has a ton of hair and she is going to the groomer on Friday to get some of it cut off and I am looking for a cute cut to do. I would love to see the schnauzer cut on a yorkie.

you know, I saw a friend of mine who has a yorkie that I would always visit while looking for one for myself. I have never asked how much she weighed because it didn't really cross my mind for some reason. but I have always thought she was soooooo tiny. i would have guessed 4 lbs at the most. i went to take maggie to see her yesterday and her pup weighs 7 lbs. still not huge by any means but my point is that these little guys hide their weight well I am sure your baby will be precious no matter how big

and I agree...I would steer clear of science diet. i have read many bad reviews. JMO but I would go to petsmart and look at all the different foods and read the ingredients. or look at some past threads on here about dog foods and use that advice. it has been great advice for me...being a new yorkie owner

Last edited by pepe mint; 01-24-2007 at 05:19 AM.
pepe mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!