View Single Post
Old 12-24-2004, 11:54 AM   #7
orinskye
YT 2000 Club Member

i understand youre concern, i have to watch my yorkie like a hawk because the stupid people in me family (dont get me wrong, i love them, but they overstep their bounds when it comes to my baby) feed him, i caught my brother feeding him ice cream and cookies (after i specifically said NO people food) AND my uncle put my puppy down right in front of the cat dish and nudged him closer (I WAS STANDING RIGHT THERE AND PROTESTING AND ALMOST YELLING AT HIM) anyways, enough said, family feels that it is their job to offer whatever the puppy/child might want or be lacking at home.... as for the weight he gained, it is not uncommon for yorkies to end up much bigger than their parents, and my yorkie gained a little less than one pound in one week (and he was home with us the whole week, no family whatsoever), its probably just a normal puppy growth spurt, oh and i know if he has been dewormed recently that can cause the stomach to "bloat" somewhat.... just give him lots of exercise indoors and next time find someone who will STICK to youre schedule and instructions and not deviate from it.... but it is frustrating isnt it? i have gotten SEVERE backlash from my brothers fiance because i yelled at her for nto doing what i said when it came to my baby....... good luck
orinskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!