View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 02:00 PM   #1
JCarlson2004
Mommy To 3 Poochies
Donating Member

Embarassed Need Serious Advice

I wasn't going to post this but I gave it some thought and decided to post it anyway. On Saturday, hubby and I were doing some window shopping and we came by A World of Pets. I usually never go into pet stores but for some reason I wanted to peek inside (ha but you know what they say, curiosity killed the cat). There was an adorable little chocolate Lab in a crate and some kids were rattling the crate and annoying the little Lab (she was obviously trying to sleep). So just to give her a few moments of peace (and I also hoped those kids would leave), I asked to see her.

Someone who worked there directed us to a small enclosed booth type of area and then brought her in. He said, "Oh she just woke up; so she's really groggy" and I thought that was weird because when my babies wake up, they're super playful and excited to see me!! She just laid on the floor and didn't budge. We petted her and tried to entice her to stand up. After a few minutes, that same guy brought in an adorable little Chihuahua boy and said, I thought you'd like to see this little guy too" -- he was only 9 weeks old. The Chi just laid lifeless in my arms. He didn't budge the entire time I held him. His eyes were sad and lifeless and my heart broke just looking at him. I just kept whispering to him and rubbing him and then finally he licked my hand. I felt so sick to my stomach because I knew I was probably one of the few people ever to show him any love in the first few weeks of his life.

Anyway, back to the Lab. Jim finally picked up the Lab and held her and then we saw the problem ... she had globs of GOOP in her eyes!! She could barely see!! I grabbed a Kleenex from my purse and wiped as much of that goop out of her eyes and I could AND I called that guy over and told him. His first reaction was, "Oh the vet was here on Monday and he said she's fine" but Jim by that point was pissed and lifted her up eye level to this guy and said, "Well obviously she isn't fine. LOOK at her eyes!! She can't possibly see anything. Her eyes are RED and covered in mucus. She clearly has an infection!!"

I don't know if Jim's yelling scared the guy or not but he immediately changed his tune and said oh yes, now I see what you mean. We're going to get this girl over to the vet right now. So he took her back and brought her downstairs (he didn't put her back in the crate) and god only knows what they have downstairs. Probably a damn house of horrors!!

Then the guy had to nerve to come back and ask if I wanted the Chi!! I said to him, "This dog hasn't moved a muscle since you put him in my arms." I handed him back the dog and said, "By the way, why does he SMELL OF URINE?" The guy said, "You get 1 free grooming appointment when you buy a dog from" us and I said ok so I guess that excuses you from keeping the dogs clean while they're in your care? There's no excuse!! Dogs should not live in there own urine, it's appalling and disgusting!!

After that, Jim and I left. When I got back in our car, I just started balling my eyes out! I didn't want to leave those 2 dogs. Jim and I sat in the car for over 40 minutes and debated whether or not to go back there and buy both of them. I couldn't possible keep them but we wanted to buy them and then adopt them out to a family or friend or even someone from YT. Actually, my dad would have probably adopted the Lab. He's always been a big dog person and I think he'd love some company after he lost my mom. He's always lonely and a dog would be perfect for him and give him something positive to focus on. But I just can't support a puppy mill -- so we left. But now I feel like crap. I want to go back and buy them because not only have I SEEN them, but I've HELD them and petted them.

So here's my situation ? should I just go buy them and save them (my dad could take the Lab -- I can't keep the little boy BUT he's freakin adorable -- his coloring is amazing and it makes him look like a baby Husky) or should I just mind my own business and stop obsessing over this? I just don't know what to do!!

I should NEVER have went in there in the first place because now I'm haunted by their sad little eyes.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!