View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 08:34 AM   #1
luvdorkyyorkies
BANNED!

Default Horror at the Dentist office!

SInce my kids were born I have really neglected my teeth. So I went to the dentist and got a treatment plan and went in for my first treatment date last Thursday for a buildup for a crown and impressions for the next appt to actually put on the crown.
The build up went fine, numbed me up did the work, and then the dental hygienist came in to the the impression for the fitting of the actual crown to order to place next visit.
SHe squirted the impression agent into the form and placed it in my mouth, this stuff sets up pretty quick, Im laying down almost standing on my head, you know how they really put you back in the dentist chair.
Well why she is holding the impression form in my mouth, I guess a piece of this stuff falls in my throat. ( Im still pretty numb and am not aware.) SHe starts to say something "WHoops there is a piece of........" Next thing I know something is down in my throat. SOMETHING BIG!! Im trying to sit up but she is holding this form in my mouth and Im tipped backwards. At first I start pointing at the form, and reaching for it, but she still is pressing it into the top of my mouth. I finally, which could have been a matter of just a few seconds but felt like forever, I put my feet down, grab her wrist, and struggle to sit up and get this damn thing out of my mouth. WOULD YOU BELEIVE SHe is still trying to hold this thing in my mouth!! THis is pretty graphic but as I sit up , I start vomitting clear fluid and then I cant get my air , I cant make one sound, YES she is still trying to hold this *** in my mouth finally I get enough strength and leverage to actually use both hands to pull her hand out of mouth. Im trying to cough, swallow anything to get this thing out and then what felt like a golf ball painfully went down my throat.
I think then she finally realizes I might have a little problem and starts givng me water. I have tears streaming down my face, and gag up more clear fluid. She asks "are you alright" I still cant talk. Im starting to get my composure after about 3 glasses of water, and she is over there looking at the form she took, and saying "I was trying to tell you you had something in your throat, I think this form got to set up long enough for the impression"
Im over there sitting with mascara streaming down my face, and the left side of my throat feeling like a swallowed glass and she is worried about an impression!
I say "Oh my God, what was that, I couldnt get my breath" SHe tells me it was a piece of impression, never apolizes.
At that point Im glad to be able to breath but shook up. The dentist comes in and looks at the impression and me, and asked the assistant what happened she says "I got gagged", and hes right out the door, their busy, and hes off to the next patient. I think Im in shock, Im wiping the mascara and tears off my face. I think Im mumbling "oh my god". I dont even remember. But I know I can breath again!!
I get finished up, go to the bathroom and clean up. I go to the front desk. As Im ready to go, the hygienist walks by and says "Thanks" I say Oh yes thanks for the snack. The girls at the front say what? I tell them that I just about got choked to death in the dental chair and leave.
WHen I get home I tell my husband and realize how upset I am because I start sobbing.
He tells me to call and tell the dentist exactly what happened, but I dont end up calling. I decide to forget about it. Well that was last thursday, for two days I had a sore throat after the appointment, then it felt better but then it started when I eat I felt like something is lodged deep in my esophagus with each swallow, Now today Im aware of it all the time, not just with eating.
My mom starting flipping out. What is wrong with you get to the doctor, it might be that stuff caught and causing damage. WHy didnt you call that damn dentist. SO I am going to get an xray Tomorrow.
DO you think its possible this stuff is caught in my digestive tract?
Is this one of the craziest things you have ever heard of!!? When I think about it, and now that I am starting to have a problem thinking it is related, I guess it was a very serious situation I wanted to sweep under the rug. I know the dentist does not know what completely happened.
luvdorkyyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!