View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 07:00 AM   #14
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp4m2
That kitchen is beautiful!!!! Love the floors!!!....... Is the counter marble? Beautiful!!!!........... I love that the windows were left open w/ no curtains or shades.......... I bet it's awesome to watch the rain & snow through.... My DH would never do that he's paranoid about peepers at night.

I have ceramic on my floor, & NEVER again,... it's cold in the winter... it's hard & I don't like the grout cleaning, & don't even think of trying to walk on it in wet shoes or you'll be slip- slipping Did I mention I don't like ceramic?

Thank you! We're quite proud of it because we did A LOT of it ourselves! Yes, I wavered on doing wood floors in the kitchen but was talked into it and love it! I was worried about water issues but haven't had any problems. Any serious kitchen flood would mess up tile too so we'll take our chances. We have wood floors throughout the entire house except for the bathrooms and utility room where it's tile and I do agree - tile is cold! I am SO glad we did all wood too - the amount of dirt that I can "shark" every other day at least is amazing! I can't imagine the dirty country life and carpet mixing!!

Yes, the windows are still open... no blinds or curtains.... but we live in the country with no neighbors close enough to look into our windows. We also have a wall of windows in our master bedroom. We have plantation shutters in there now (and in the dining room also) but leave them open all the time. It's so cool to look out at the stars late at night while laying in bed. Funny story about "peepers".... my boss was freaking out when I was describing our front door to her one time (it's different types of glass that you really can't see through but kinda can - if that makes sense). She was so freaked about people being able to see in. I tried telling her that the country road is about half a mile away... don't think people can see that far. Well, what if someone were walking through the pasture??? In that case, our outside dog would surely let us know. She just couldn't get over it. Country life.... it's a different kind of lifestyle that "city folk" just don't get sometimes. The view from the front and sides is for miles because we are on a high hill. Love it!

Forgot to say.... the counters in the kitchen are granite. Really love those too! I amazed myself by going so dark with the color (it's black, brown and dark green mixed) but I thought it looked great with all of the white cabinets.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!