View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 06:30 AM   #4
YorkiesRule
Senior Yorkie Talker

I think you're right about the vet.. I did let him put me on a guilt trip and for me, SD is NOT the way to go. Kick-backs or no kick-backs I would think that a vet should have the animals best interest at heart and SD doesn't have the most desireable ingredients. I have tried the Merrick's foods but she doesn't seem to care for them. Last night I made a trip to Petsmart and picked up a pouch of the Nurto Natural Choice Chicken. I read the ingredients carefully. No bi-products, first ingredients were meats. I opened up a packet and put a bit down and she sniffed it and walked away. My husband, who is the worst offender at giving her table scraps, took the plate to the table and fed her the pieces by hand and she ate them all enthusiastically. I know she's just being stubborn and for myself, I would like to get her back on dog food because I do think it would be better for her and easier for me (a full-time working mom who certainly doesn't need yet ANOTHER person too cook for). Thank you for responding and offering your opinion. I agree with you and I think I may just add the Natural Choice to a small portion of boiled chicken and try weening her off the boiled chicken that way. I can't stand seeing her not eatting.
YorkiesRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!