View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 06:16 AM   #12
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn218
1. pantry/broom closet (for floor cleaners that have to charge, tools that have to charge, etc)

We custom built a new house a couple years ago and this is one of my favorite things in the house - there's a little kinda narrow cabinet in the kitchen that has an outlet in it for charging my Shark (electric vacuum thing) and dustbuster. It is SO handy! We also keep the little fold-up stool in there for getting in the very top cabinets that only need getting into occasionally.

We also have the fold-down ironing board in the master closet. That is SO handy for those times you need to do a quick touch-up. There's an outlet located directly below it.

Financially, we couldn't afford to do ALL of the things I would have loved to do but I think we covered pretty much all of it. While my kitchen is not HUGE (although some people think it is), it does have LOTS of counter space and more cabinets than I've seen in most people's kitchens. Below is one picture of the kitchen. While you can't see the left side of it, there are floor to ceiling cabinets over there too with a pantry made of big doors that swing open and big drawers that pull out. The narrow "broom closet" is also over there. And on the right hand side is a huge drawer that fits two trash cans plus the box of bags and such. It's location is perfect for just sweeping crumbs and trash right down into it. Worked out great that way although the main reason we did a trash drawer was because we didn't have the floor space to set one out. I also love all my windows! One shot of those is below too.

One cool thing our electrician (my husband's BIL) did was put outlets above the kitchen cabinets and layed rope lighting up there. There's also under cabinet lighting and they each (the upper and lower) have an individual switch by the sink. Makes for wonderful mood lighting or just minimal lighting when you do one or the other at night after all's done in the kitchen.

Of course there will always be things you wish you had in a house and if I had to pick one it would be more closets. Our master closet is very large - practically a whole 'nother room - and our daughter's closets are pretty big and well laid out but we didn't have room in the plans (which we drew up ourselves and then had an architect make professional for the builder) for miscellaneous closets in the house. The window seat in the master bedroom works real well for all of those quilts and blankets and such though. But who couldn't ever use more closets, right??

Have to say I pretty much love it..... now I just need to be able to afford to decorate it like all the tv shows are always doing!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kitchen.jpg (55.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg kitchen2.jpg (68.6 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by TatumsMom; 01-23-2007 at 06:19 AM.
TatumsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!