View Single Post
Old 12-24-2004, 07:18 AM   #1
Catrienne
Yorkie Yakker

Unhappy HELP!! Puppy gained 1lb in 5 days!

I went to visit friends for the holiday season and the puppy wasn't allowed to come and when I picked him up last night, he seemed much bigger. Which is just what I was afraid of... Anyway, I weighed him this morning-- .8 heavier than when I weighed him last Friday!!! I'm freaking out, because my last Yorkie was overfed by my father and ended up 12lbs and I really, really, want this one to be the right size.

I think he was allowed to eat CAT FOOD at his LEISURE while I was gone... I said so many times to watch him and makes sure he had the right amount of food, from his cup, three times a day. WHY WOULD THAT BE SO TOUGH! For all I know, they gave him treats and people food, too. All that I know is my puppy gained almost a POUND in 5 days.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm feeding him 1/4 of a cup of puppy food, strictly, now, which is only slightly less than what he was getting. Its important for him to get his nutrients, so diet food is a no go, correct? He's too small for a collar or harness, so I can't walk him.

He weighed 1.8lbs when I left and now he weights almost 3lbs!! I'm losing my mind. His legs are still small, big tummy, of course.

He is 13 weeks old and a day, btw. His mother weighed 3.5lbs and his father weighed 3lbs. He was a very petite baby boy.

I'm taking him to the vet ASAP. I'm going to call everyone and see if anyone is open on Christmas Eve, but if not, I will wait. Someone help me!!!
Catrienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!