View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 11:53 AM   #1
YorkiesRule
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default The feeding dilemna

Hello everyone. I haven't been on this forum in so long and I have missed it. I am still fighting the battle of feeding Lexi. I'm afraid that I have given her terrible habits. I have been boiling chicken for her for approx. 1 year now and mixing it with Pedigree (that's what she finally ate). I took her to the vet's 1 week ago today and he noticed that her knees were a bit worse. He asked about her diet and when I told him what I feed her he STRONGLY suggested I get her on dog food for health reasons. Everything else was OK with her. So I picked up some SD and some eukanuba pouches. She hasn't eatten more than maybe 1/4 cup of food in this entire week. Everything I've read says a healthy dog will not starve itself to death but I'm still concerned. I'm waiting for a call back from the vet now. I'm sure he's going to tell me to stick with it until she's back on dog foods but I wanted to get some opinions from you all. I'm going to stop on the way home and get 2 more packs of the Eukanuba chicken. Not because of her but because of me. I like the way it looks better than the way the SD looks. I also give her purina hard dog food (small breed). She had trouble with bigger pieces of dried dog foods.
YorkiesRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!