Thread: shipping
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 11:47 AM   #3
makemepretty
YT 500 Club Member

Lola was shipped to me from Alabama to Michigan when she was only 1 1/2 pounds. She did excellent and the airline was very nice( I believe it was American Airlines aacargo.com). My sister had her bulldog shipped from Michigan to Washington and he had breathing problems. They called a vet, called her, gave him water etc. and everything ended up just fine.

I think if your dog is 10 months old and healthy she'll do wonderful! You have to have a cert. saying she's healthy and been checked by a vet immediately before you ship her. It's not possible for everyone to fly to pick up a pet. For me, with two boys and a husband who was not able to take time off(hence the reason I could afford my yorkie) going to pick her up was IMPOSSIBLE. I don't have family who could watch my kids while I fly to pick up a puppy. That doesn't make you a bad pet owner, some of us just don't have that luxury. She was so wanted and is now so spoiled and I still keep in contact with the lady I bought her from. Go with your gut, if you think this will be a wonderful home for her then I'm sure she'll do fine on her flight. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.
makemepretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!