View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 11:22 AM   #1
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Natural deterrent for dogs?

So, this is more a question for Stormie, our Aust. Shepherd, but it's still a "training" question, so hopefully I can get some help here. We have a big concrete planter outside our back door and lately Stormie has decided to make it her bed! It's pretty funny to see this dog jump into it and curl herself into a tiny ball and lay down. She started this before Christmas when I didn't have any flowers in it - just potting soil. Then I planted poinsettas in it for Christmas. She stayed out of it for a couple weeks and then started getting in it again. She ruined what was left of the poinsettas at that point.

And yes, we try reprimanding her when we catch her doing it but don't always catch her. I've seen her in it, tapped on the glass and she gets out right away and gives me that "guilty" look but then will jump right back in when I'm not looking!

I remember reading about "natural remedies" for keeping dogs (and other animals) away from flower beds and stuff but can't remember what it was. A friend told me to try sprinkling cayenne pepper on the soil but I think there's something else more effective. Anyone?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!