View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 09:33 AM   #1
mr bailey
Yorkie Yakker

Angry Preventive Measures for marking territory?!!?!

hi everyone,
my little man has been great for the past few months, however, one thing that has really bothered me was how he marks his territory on EVERYTHING. it happened on new years, i took him over to a friends house where they had a yorkie as well. first thing mr. bailey did was walk over to the other puppys bed and lifted his leg (when he pees or poos, he squats, he has never lifted his leg before, thats how i knew he was doing something unusual). so i clapped my hands and he stopped.

well thats how it started, now everywhere he goes, my house, my parents, my girlfriends, he always walks around and marks everything with some pee. it gets frustrating because now i can't even pick him up and put him on my microfiber couch without him lifting his leg on a pillow.

i noticed that he marks A LOT at the basin of my sink and toilet in the kitchen bathroom where his food/water and potty pad are (which he still uses to pee and poo on.) i got fed up with cleaning it up every day after work, so today i decided to move his water/food/potty pad into the kitchen where the rest of his toys and carrying crate/bed is.

are there any suggestions to prevent this from happening? he is almost 8 months old, he is not nuetered (will this stop it from happening) and that is the ONLY bad habit he does which gets messy. i have cleaned it and spray some of that sour deterent on the basin of the toilet and sink and he still does it there after the scent has dried off. is there another method to prevent him from doing this!?!?!?

PLEASE HELP!!!

ps. i thought i'd add some pictures of my little man since its been about 3 months now, hes grown about 5lbs but hes still as cute as he was when he was a puppy. the first picture was about 2 months ago, the second one was with his new haircut i gave him as he holds his chew bone between his hands and watches american idol (one of his favorite shows, the other is friends, and the 24, hes a big jack bauer fan). the last one is of his model sideshot pose showing off his new puppy doo.
Attached Thumbnails
Preventive Measures for marking territory?!!?!-img00007.jpg   Preventive Measures for marking territory?!!?!-img00196.jpg   Preventive Measures for marking territory?!!?!-img00199.jpg  
mr bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!