View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 07:52 AM   #3
Mybabe4me
YT 500 Club Member

I have had experiance with this and still am. I have a little guy that broke his neck back in July he had surgery to correct the break on August 2, and when he came home I had to force feed him with a syringe. He went from a syringe to a baby spoon. He is now almost 7 months out from surgery and he will eat his treats on his own, but when it comes to meal time he will only eat off the spoon. I have tried to free fed like I did before, but he will not even look at the food as a matter of fact he will take his back legs(they work great his fronts not so much) and kick the bowl away. I was told not to free feed after surgery because of the break his weight needs to be watched so he doesn't gain to much. This little problem that you have is what I have and at this point I have just learned to live with it. I feed him 3 to 4 times a day and I give him a few little treats. I will put them beside him and when he wants them he will eat them, that way I know his belly isn't empty all the time. I also feed him right before bed around 10 to 10:30 at night this way he does not get the bile throw up in the morning.
I know I haven't been of any help here, but I wanted to let you know you are not the only one out here with this problem. I have been told to just keep the food infront of him he will eat it sooner or later, but with these little ones it is to scary to do that. Where they can go hyperglicemic(sp?) so easily. Tough love is what they all say. I have also been told well if you know mom will feed it to you why make the effort to do it on your own. I can understand that, but still I need to know he has something in his belly. Okay so we spoil our furbabies.lol
I wish you luck of braking her of this. When you know the secret please let me know. And if I find out any way to get Babybear to eat on his own I will let you know.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!