View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 06:35 AM   #1
BellaWillow
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default 25 Days After Willow's Surgery And I Can't Get Her To Eat On Her Own - HELP!

HELP! It has been 25 days since Willow had surgery to put a plate and pins in to repair her broken leg . . . and I still can't get her to eat on her own. When she first came home from the hospital I had to hand feed her to get her to eat anything . . . and I am still having to hand feed her. She has always been a good little eater for me and I free feed her and she nibbles on her kibble all day long . . . but now she is just leaving it in her little case that she is stuck in for 6 weeks and in order for me to get her to eat . . . I have to hand feed her. I am so nervous that she will get sick if she doesn't eat, so I have been hand feeding her every four hours just so she has a little food in her tummy. What is going on? Why won't she eat on her own anymore. It is like she is holding out until I feed her myself. The other day she threw up yellow bile because her tummy was empty . . . so now I have really been making sure I hand feed her every four hours. What should I do? Will she ever eat on her own again? Please Help us.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!