View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 05:52 AM   #7
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Sadie was about 2 1/2 yrs old when I got Lillie. Sadie didn't really play rough with Lillie when she was a puppy but, you could see she would stand over her in a very dominant way. As Lillie got a little bigger Sadie would, from time to time become very aggressive with her...Lillie would cry and I would have to break them up. This has happened about 5 times now. (Sadie is now 3 and Lillie is 7 months) Lillie see's this as play but, I can tell when it's play and when it's Sadie becoming dominant. I spoke with a trainer and she told me to NOT let it happen....When I see Sadie is going to become aggressive I stop it before it happens. Sadie was the only dog for 2 1/2 yrs and thinks she's the boss...YOU have to let your dominant one know that YOU are the boss. I was told this is a behavior that you are not going to be able to stop although, Sadie has gotten better. I would watch them when they are together and tell him no when you see this is going to happen...and then walk away from him...You don't want to scold him then pick him up....

Good Luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!