Thread: I'm So Sad....
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 03:52 PM   #11
AllieJo's Mama
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I'm sorry, Amber I found this..
Quote:
Infection may be traeted using one of a number of drugs. Unfortunately there is no treatment licenced for the control of giardias in dogs, though fenbendazole (Panacur, Hoechst Animal Health) is licenced for treatment of worms in dogs. Treatments from the literature are shown in table 1. Whatever treatment is chosen, itis very unlikely to eliminate 100% of the infection in all dogs. Adaptations that may be made to try to improve the success rate of a treatment regime include extending the duration and dose of the treatment. Care must obviously be taken with this approach to make sure that an adequate safety margin is always maintained. Another approach is to retreat after an interval of one week. Alternatively, repeat faecal samples may be collected one week after the treatment and dogs which are still passing cysts can be identified and treated. It should be recognised that, when treating a large number of dogs, whichever of these treatment strategies is adopted, there may be one or two dogs that remain as carriers of infection that will act as a potential sources of infection in future.
Did she have this when you got her? Did you contact your breeder?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!