View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 06:51 AM   #15
prettypuppypink
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby
I have that problem with mine, she's nearly 10 months old. She knows not to wee inside but she does CONSTANT poops inside. We wouldn't mind as much if she didn't always do it on the carpet. Today she has done around 7 poops inside & it's not even 4:00pm yet where I live! My mum wants to give her away but she's really hard to train
I got my currant Yorkie at 7 months. His breeder claimed he was paper trained. It was fiction. He peed all over the kitchen floor. At 11 months, he will pee on the paper in the kitchen but poops all over the floor. I have never had a dog so messed up in my life. He obviously was crated 24/7, circles constantly and abused? I hired a trainer who agreed to work by each session because I obedience trained him but need help on his behavoir issues. We can't use a shaker can or hit the counter with a small magazine because he must have been hit, cringes and hides under his bedding in his crate and doesn't forget it if I move him to another room in another crate. So it's difficult to make him understand. We are going to start with the clicker and pray it works. His breeder should be ABUSED!
They don't understand what we expect from them, consistancy is important.
Don't give up since I haven't. I've learned that all are different and some just take longer. I have a Chin and he's finally housebroken at 3 years. He's just a little slow. I must admit it takes time and tons of patience. They must earn their freedom in more household areas and rewards.
prettypuppypink is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!