View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 09:11 AM   #24
sophiedog
YT Addict

Love

I just love this place! Oh, how we adore our yorkies. I use to think I was nuts, so did most of my family (guess they still do! Anyway, Sophie was so spoiled. I kept her a bottle of cold water in the fridge and she would tell me when she was thirsty (I kept a bowl on the floor, of course). I learned how to do everything with one hand so I could carry her. She got what she wanted when she wanted it (within doggie reason). I had seen a pair of yorkies when I returned to college (at age 40 ) and though they were the cutest things I'd ever seen. I am a small woman, all 5 feet 94 pounds of me, so they just appealed to me. One year my hubby forgot my birthday, we were on our way out of the store a day or so later and someone had put up a sign advertising yorkie puppies for $150. Guess what I got for my birthday! Sadly, Sophie passed away 2/28 after almost 9 wonderful years together, she died suddenly from a defective heart. To show how we bond with these creatures, I was hospitalized for a defect in my own heart that was aggravated by the stress of losing my little girl. I have been looking for a new baby and (keep your fingers crossed) may have found a little girl! I'll keep everyone posted on that.
I tell everyone, enjoy your yorkie and spoil it as much as you can, never feel embarrassed by the love you share with your baby. They are each irreplaceable treasures!
sophiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!