Thread: Buying a Yorkie
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 12:25 PM   #6
mmyorkies
No Longer a Member

Yorkies can get along quite well with other dogs, the thing is they WILL end up being the alpha dog, no matter what size your other dog is. A friend of mine had a Mastiff, and her yorkie, that she got when the mastif was over 5, just ruled that poor Mastiff all the time. I had a Lab when I first got my first 2 yorkies, and they ended up bossing her around too. How they act depends on how socialized they were by the breeder. That is why you want to make sure you have a good breeder to get your dog from. I have 9 yorkies, and I have 2 that are shy, they were not properly socialized by the person that bred them, and they were taken from their mother too young, and I have one that was abused and after almost 2 years, she will finally go to people she does not know if I hand her to them. My other ones are all very friendly and loveable, including the 3 puppies that were bred by us. They love everyone and will go to anyone that puts their hands down for them to sniff. They are 3 months old right now.
mmyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!