View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 01:31 PM   #8
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Sounds like a great book. Maybe I should get it for my DH. I quit 6 years ago. Some things that helped me: Cut drinking straws to cig length and use them to suck on or just to put in your mouth -- sure it sounds silly but this one thing really helped me, epsecially when I was driving. Whenever I would get the urge to smoke real bad, I would go brush my teeth. No one likes to spoil minty fresh breath with a smoke. I wrapped an emergency cigarette up in about 10 pieces of paper, each one taped like crazy, put that in a box and taped it up too. That way, I always knew there was one there and was not tempted to go buy any and it was just too much trouble to try and unwrap all that paper and tape. I finally threw it away after a few months.

I quit but did gain a bunch of weight. So, it is probably important to substitute really good foods for the smoking urge. I must have grabbed too many goodies along the way to soothe the withdrawal. That's the big pitfall to avoid. I used the patch to help for the first few weeks.

Good luck to you!!
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!