View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 06:37 AM   #4
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae Rae
I was watching E-vets on animal planet yesterday and it was what pets swallow. There were 2 labs that swallowed pig ears, and the vet was saying how these aren't good because of the edges, they can tear up either the esophagus (sp?) or digestive system...one of the two or both, I can't remember.

Anyone else ever hear of this? I have like a whole jar full of pigears and pigskins for Rocky..such a waste

You are correct...both can happen,....they can also get lodged in their intestines and close blockages...I'm not sure if you heard what the vet said....he has seen 4 dogs die because of pigs ears...Personally I wouldn't give my girls anything like that...rawhides either...they can get lodged also and because they dont' break up they can get stuck in their throat..My Parents almost lost one of their dogs because of a rawhide chew...they just get kind of mushy. I have been using bully sticks...I do watch the girls though..you never know when these little ones chew if they will break off a peice
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!