View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 10:38 PM   #1
Rae Rae
YT 3000 Club Member

Omg HUGE scare this morning

So I took Rocky out, and didn't put his leash on him for 2 reasons, 1 being that theres snow so he really doesn't run around in the snow, 2 was that he had his boots on and he can't really run in his boots. This is like the only time I didn't have his leash on him, I always put it on him because I'm afraid he'll run, or another dog might run up to him, except this morning for some reason I just didnt.
So anyways, I was standing out there with him, trying to get something out of my trunk when he saw a kid across the street..he starts RUNNING! All of a sudden I see a school bus heading down the street I got soo panicked! I ran into the street (I really didn't care if the bus hit me or not, alls I could think about was him) and he stopped, and the bus stopped about 25ft in front of us. I don't know if the bus driver saw him, or maybe just me running into the street so then she stopped, but whatever the case is, I'm so thankful and lucky and blessed that nothing happened to him. I did have his leash in my pocket, so of course I put it on him right away. So now, even though I always did have his leash on him (except this morning) there will never be ANY exceptions. It was like for that quick second before I got him my life with him flashed before my eyes. I was even tearing up just with the thoughts going through my head.
As soon as Rocky and I got back inside, I started praying to God. I know an angel was watching over my baby today

I just still can't get over how the ONE time I don't put his leash on him, this happens. I guess it was a blessing though, because it taught me to always leash him no matter what.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!