Thread: shot reactions
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 06:31 PM   #14
trini&coco
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terisuebernie
My 2 yr. old, 3.9 lb. yorkie got his rabies shot yesterday and had another reaction. When he got his 2 yr. shots a few months ago, he began shaking and ran a fever, and was lethargic for at least two days. Now he's having hte same reaction to the rabies shots. I am appalled that they give the same dosage to my little guy as they did to my 103 lb. german shepherd. Has anyone looked into this? My vet told me it's a law that they have to have the recommended dosage to be in compliance with PA law, but the same dosage for a 3 lb. and 103 lb. dog makes no sense to me. HELP. If anyone has looked into this, I would appreciate any feedback. I don't want to loose him and don't want to get him vaccinated again!

Any vet I have been to has given my 3.5 & 4.0 lb. Yorkies from 1/2 to 2/3 of the full dose. My latest vet recommended the full dose and I pointed out their size and the "stories" I heard about over-dosing our small dogs on these vaccines and he agreed that it would be acceptable to give them 2/3 of the dose. Good luck...look into it, I don't let my dogs get a full dose after I read it could be dangerous.

We wub, wub, wub YT
trini&coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!