View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 01:07 AM   #1
gads112903
No Longer a Member

Cry awful housetraining issues

We have had our yorkie since sept. I think he was 8 wks then. We have tried everything to potty train him. He has only pooped once outside and it was when my dad came over to let him out for us. We had our carpet cleaned in october and it looks awful! We have tried confining him and giving him a lil more space at a time and he will go a few days fine and then pee all over. Well I am pregnant and due in August. My husband said that if we cant get it worked out by then we have to give him away! I would be so sad and the place we got him from wasnt very nice but its kinda family and they gave us the dog free so he thinks thats where we should take him! I definately dont want him to go back there. He is so good about everything else and does great with lil kids. I just need to get this one thing fixed!!! Help me please!

We have tried

letting him outside every hour or two......we let him in and even when he just peed outside he pees again on the carpet!

pee pad in the bathroom...even the grass scented ones.....he mostly pees around them not on them

A frame he has to step over to get to the pee pad so he doesnt think he is on it when he isnt

treats and lots of praise when he does good, saying bad and such when he does bad.

crate at night with a pad and a bed.....he pees on the bed and lays on the pad!

HELP PLEASE!!!!!
gads112903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!