Thread: AKC treats!
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 05:03 AM   #5
tangobango
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesie
I've been buying lean treats at my vets office, but I'll be at the feed store tomarrow since Abbie won't hardly touch her food Chicken Soup. I don't know what to try next. We have already tried Science Diet & Eukenuba (spelling?) I scrambled her an egg today and boy did she gobble that up. These lean treats I buy have liver in them and she almost eats my arm off trying to get one. Oh I almost forgot....Sawyer is a sweetheart...loved the pics
I had a friend that passed away last year who was a breeder of champion St. Bernards. Westminster winners and even sold one to Pres. Ford. I have followed his advice on this one. (training treats) Buy liver from the grocery, pan cook it, and cut it up. It is especially good for little furs cause you can pinch off a tiny treat for rewards. Also, I think by the time the tinys chew up treats that are hard or even the soft ones time lapses and you have lost their attention and the training moment. I keep them in a little tupperware in the fridge. I also found liver in the freezer section of the grocery that are boxes of 4 or 5 vacuum sealed pieces. So convenient and Brissy loves them and doesn't get loaded up on high sugar treats.
tangobango is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!