Thread: Headaches....
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 08:28 AM   #12
abbie's mom
Lovin' 2 Girls
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzwanned
Well Idk if they are migraines because I don't know what the feeling is, what's the diff. between the 2.
There are two classes of migraine: common, and classic.

Common is severe pain, sensitivity to light and sound, nausea.

Classic is all of the above, with the added lovely bonus of a pre-migraine aura.

I have the classic. I see squiggles in my vision, or extremities get numb for about 30min prior to the actual migraine. THEN the pain hits. They are not as bad as my earlier years, when I did have to go to ER for a shot to break the pain cycle. Although, I've just come out of a 9-dayer that I thought I might have to get that done. I've tried imitrex, but my family must have a pre-desposed sensitivity to that, as it made me have double auras (Oh! what FUN! lol), and my neuro told me to stop! immediately before I stroked out. And, my sister had one of those "rare, but possible heart attacks" warned of in the infommercial. Midrin does nothing for my pain. I choose not to take prescription narcotics, as it's so easy to get into trouble with those. NOT to say I won't - but, I've "been there, done that" and don't want to go through that again!

Find a good neuro, that can monitor the headaches. One that won't just shove pain meds at you.

Join today and remove this ad!