View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 01:08 PM   #5
Cookie_Paul
Yorkie Yakker

To Julz - thanx for writing.
I do all the things involved with Cooks, play, feed, walk, bathing and I always 'baby talk' with her. When I pick her up for a cuddle, I lay her on her back as she loves her tummy and chest stroked, but she is reluctant to look at me and she cranes her neck backwards or to the side as if she is trying to get away, it looks as if she is uncomfortable with me, but anyone else can do this and she will look at them as they talk to her - as I say, I don't want to 'force her' into loving me or liking me, it has to be of her own free will as I can't bring myself to forcibly restraining her to stay by my side.
When all is said and done, she is very intelligent and will 'listen' to me when I ask her things like "where's teddy??" or "who's my baby?" as well as just 'general talking' she twists her head from left to right and sometimes she makes me laugh. She is also very 'lippy' - if I am doing something and I need a few minutes, she makes these silly almos cat like sounds, nibbles my hand and if I tell her 'no' she just gets more lippy and tests me - but as soon as I laugh, she knows she has 'won' and gets more daring.

I do love her more than anything (next to my kids) and I am going to have another puppy from the same breeder. Holly, Cookie's mom had some more puppies 12 days ago so that will be cool to have another baby - still thinking of a suitable name for her though.
Cookie_Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!