View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 05:18 AM   #6
genie
Loves Hannah & Gracie
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunniebunnie
is your yorkie a PUPPY or an ADULT?

puppy food formulas will be higher in protein to help with the growth and energy of a growing puppy. 28% protein is pretty average for puppy food. adult food formulas will usually be lower protein, usually in the 18-24% range.

some adult formulas are higher in protein because they are designed for performance and very active dogs such as those that compete in agility contests or working dogs. innova evo is an example. it's 42% protein.

i think it's okay to feed your dog a high protein diet even as an adult, but it should be complimented by higher activity. high protein diet + low/moderate activity = fat doggie.

btw, my two boys don't really like wellness. it's a good food, but the kibbles are just too big for their little mouths so they don't bother.
My puppy is 15 weeks old. What do you feed yours? When I first brought her home she was 11 weeks old and she was already on Iams puppy food but she didn't like it very well, the kibble was very big. Then my vet recommended science diet and she LOVED it and the kibble was very small but I read the label. So I researched differnt foods and I bought Wellness. Should I have bought a food for small dogs? Are yorkies just too little for this much protein?
genie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!